Project developed from planning to completion from 2003 to 2006
The projects included:
- Collaborative work with designers (architects and interior designers), health planners, and staff.
- Cataloguing the arts collection of the Royal Newcastle Hospital (RNH),
- Development of four collections that celebrate the heritage and achievements of the RNH: architecture, volunteers, maintenance and engineering, nursing and health management.
- Development of resources through partnerships and sponsorships including $60,000 cash donations.
- Commissioning of 16 public art works.
- Development of collection of 100 photographs on sunrises from the Hunter Region in partnership with ABC Radio and local communities.
- Acquisition of a grand piano for the foyer and development of partnership for an ongoing music program with the Newcastle Music Conservatorium (University of Newcastle).
- Development of an arts program, Royal on the Move, that supported change (closure of the RNH and moving to the new building).